The Choreographic Fellowship Program is one of several artistic opportunities Vitacca Community Project contributes to Texas and surrounding arts communities.
2013-2014 application process now closed.
2014-2015 applications now available. Submission Deadline - May 31, 2014
The Choreographic Fellowship is unique for ambitious choreographer’s ages 16-30, offering a laboratory for new artistic talent to thrive. The program allows emerging choreographers (Choreographic Apprentices) guidance and resources needed to enhance their creative skill set, while working closely under a professional choreographer (Choreographic Mentors). The Apprentice is given the opportunity to document the artistic process through Mentor pre/post interviews, a rehearsal reel or photos, and a storyboard.
This program allows the Choreographic Apprentice a professional and creative environment to:
- Study choreography composition
- Expand creative vocabulary
- Network with industry professionals
- Build personal resume
- Propose new work for review/possible selection
Upon project completion, the Apprentice takes the platform to present their choreographic research for review and feedback. The Apprentice is awarded the chance to propose his/her own work for possible repertoire selection which will debut at Vitacca Productions & Company’s Dance Soiree.
All Choreographic Fellowship projects and Dance Soiree piece proposals will be presented at the Vitacca Dance Project Preview Event.
2013-2014 Choreographic Mentors
- Artistic Associate, Giordano Dance Chicago
- Founder | Artistic Director, Ad Deum Dance Company
Andrea Dawn Shelley
- Co Founder | Artistic Director, iMEE Dance Company
Robyn Mineko William
- Guest Choreographer | Former Hubbard Street Dance Company Member
Kelly Ann Vitacca
- Founder | Artistic Director, Vitacca Dance Project
- Choreographic Fellowship Apprentices are selected through an application process.
- Application processing fee $25.00, Application Deadline: May 31, 2014
- Space is very limited, to be considered you must be available to participate within the month of August.
- Once accepted, detailed rehearsal and mentorship schedules are set per Choreographer/Apprentice.
- This program is made available through Vitacca P&C’s funding efforts and if accepted, a $50.00 program support fee. Complete program rate for selected Apprentices - $75.00